LFL ANNOUNCES EXPANSION INTO ADELAIDE and COOPERS STADIUM
(LAS VEGAS, Nevada – Sunday, March 23, 2014) One of the world’s fastest growing sports is about to make its debut in Adelaide this summer, Legends Football League Australia (or ‘LFL Australia’). League officials have announced Adelaide will join the already existing Western Australia Angels, Victoria Maidens, Queensland Brigade, New South Wales Surge as well as another expansion market to be announced shortly.
League officials are allowing fans to vote for the team’s official name. Team name submissions should be emailed to LFLinAdelaide@LFLinAustralia.com, the submission deadline is March 30, 2014 at 5pm. The name submitted most often and the first submission of that name, will win a lifetime membership to the Adelaide team home games.
The Adelaide side will play its (3) three home games at Coopers Stadium, the season kick’s-off October 2014 thru February 2015. Each team will play a total of (6) games, (3) home and (3) away.
LFL Australia recently completed its inaugural season and it was an incredible success which included:
- – 35% higher then projected attendance at its major stadiums.
- – Highest rated sports series for Seven Networks’ 7Mate network.
- – Only Australian female sport to draw a broadcast deal on free-to-air in high definition.
- – LFLon7Mate ratings beat A League television ratings.
- – Expansion in 2014 into Adelaide and a soon to be named city.